Here’s what I read in March. Plus a few general updatey dot point things at the bottom. Not sure if I’ll do it every month, but I like the idea, so maybe I will, WHO KNOWS! (Clearly not me.)
On to my wrap up, LET’S GO!
Caraval – by Stephanie Garber
This is a YA fantasy, the first in a series, you can read my full non-spoiler review here! Unfortunately this book didn’t live up to its hype to me. You can find out why in my review, ahaha. Sigh.
2.75 / 5 stars
The Hate U Give – by Angie Thomas
This was so emotional, accessible, and the subject matter was (obviously) so relevant and important. Will be recommending it to anyone who’ll listen. My spoiler free review is live, you can read it here.
4.5 / 5 stars
Strange the Dreamer – by Laini Taylor
I just squeezed this in, finished it on March 31st! I will have a spoiler free review posted in the next day or so. I loved this book.
4.5 / 5 stars
American Gods (audio) – by Neil Gaiman
I’m so close to finishing this, I have less than 6hrs left! It’s sitting solidly on a 3 stars for me at the moment, the plot has been very meandering. It’s finally starting to pick up so we’ll see what happens.
Total read this month: 4
Total read overall: 17
Current Goodreads goal: 25
Also, just a few other random things!
- I attended The First Tuesday Bookclub on March 7 (hosted by Dymocks Camberwell bookstore) and I met the lovely Fleur Ferris (author of Risk and Black). Got to chat about her upcoming release Wreck, which is out in July 2017!
- I hosted #YATalk, which is a Twitter chat usually revolving around a particular topic (mine was tropes)! IT WAS AMAZING, SO MANY PEOPLE TUNED IN SO THANK YOU IMMENSELY, LOVE YOU ALL! I hit my tweet limit (who knew that could happen?!) and Sarah had to save me on the final question – thanks Sarah!
- I joined a writer’s group, which’ll be great motivation to actually get the ideas out of my head and onto paper. They’re all fighting for attention, at the moment I have 3 novel ideas… mostly fantasy or urban fantasy.
- I attended The YA Room book club meetup for Caraval in February (but unfortunately missed their March book talk for The Hate U Give). Sarah and Alex are great, follow the YA Room on Twitter if you haven’t already! Come to our meetups if you’re in Melbourne!
- I was part of a group order for MerakiCandles (in the UK) and after THREE MONTHS, they finally arrived. They’re beautiful and I love them. But I’m never ordering there again. I’ll just preserve the 3 candles I got. Forevermore.
- I saw the Power Rangers movie – it was GREAT! Those visual effects gave me heart-eyes.
- Also saw Logan and oh boy, it was amazing. But oh man, my heart. So many tears. Time to read ALL of the Xmen & Wolverine comics.
- I stole this bullet point idea from Cait at PaperFury. She’s awesome, check her out if you haven’t already! (I mean if you haven’t heard of her, where have you been.)
And that’s everything! Thank you so much for reading, leave a comment on your way out if you’re so inclined. Also I posted a TBR for April but it was a readathon, so in case you missed it, it’s linked here for you!
Until next time, bye!