Hello! These are the books I read in April! Plus dot points at the end!
The Bone Witch – by Rin Chupeco
This YA fantasy focuses on Tea, who’s a bone witch, and brought her brother back to life. She is found and taken in for training to become an asha. Which is basically like a geisha but with combat, runes, and magic thrown in. I have a spoiler free review here!
4 / 5 stars
Saga (volume 7) – by Brian K Vaughan & Fiona Staples
Oh man, my poor heart. This volume sunk into me and broke me slowly. I loved it, though. And the art is always so beautiful. ❤ The characters always throw me for six, I never know what’s going to happen. More please!!!
5 / 5 stars
American Gods (audio) – by Neil Gaiman
I listened to the audiobook for this! I summed up my thoughts on Goodreads here (they’re non-spoiler, don’t worry). I wanted to love this a lot more than I did.
3.5 / 5 stars
Queens of Geek – by Jen Wilde
I absolutely adored this book. If I start talking about it, I’ll start rambling on, so let’s just say: keep an eye out for my review on May 15, I’m part of the blog tour. ❤
Chew (volume 3) – by John Layman
As usual, the humour didn’t disappoint! The ending confused me a bit, but the plot and characters are always rich and I really enjoyed this volume!
3.75 / 5 stars
Release – by Patrick Ness
I powered through this book, it was so quick and engaging. I loved Adam, the main character, and the commentary on queerness and religion. IT WAS SO GOOD. I’ll have a review up closer to publication date on May 4 so keep an eye out!
4 / 5 stars
Fool’s Assassin (book 1) – by Robin Hobb
Oh my goodness, I had no doubt that Hobb would slay my emotions again and she did just that. You can read my full non-spoiler thoughts in my review. But man, I love Hobb’s writing. Getting sucked into Fitz’s world again was so nostalgic and magical.
4.75 / 5 stars
I’m also currently listening to the audiobook for The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making and I’m enjoying it, so thank you Lissa for the recommendation!
More dot points! I liked them so much last month that I kept them around. XD
- I attended a picnic on April 9 hosted by The YA Room book club! It poured rain so we huddled together inside & ate all the snacks!
- I also attended the Strange the Dreamer book club meet-up, hosted by The YA Room! It was a lovely afternoon and DateABook were awesome & gave us some Strange stickers – I got Minya! ❤
- We got a title reveal for Illuminae 3, Obsidio! I googled it, the Latin definition mentioned siege and blockade so I’m sure our emotions will be fine. (Help me.) Yes I’ve already ordered it. Eep.
- I preordered The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan because IT’S HARDBACK AND SIGNED! YAAAS!
- I posted several reviews this month for Strange the Dreamer, Our Chemical Hearts, The Bone Witch, and my love, Fool’s Assassin.
- I participated in two readathons this month, one was TomeTopple and the other was AVAReadathon, and I think I did all right? I read more than 4 things this month so that suggests the readathons did their job! Even if my reading was still a bit slow.
- I changed my Goodreads goal from 25 to 50!
- I reached 1,000 followers on Twitter! AHH! THANK YOU! ❤
- The comic book haul I did earlier this month won’t be added to my Project 5 goal (yet). I’m thinking of adding it at the end of the year. Basically I’m putting off my denial that I’m a severe book buyer, but hey it works for me, so LALALA!
- I preordered Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff from Barnes & Noble. Rather excited!
- Despite sharing my large Blackmilk Clothing collection… I did as predicted and went and bought more. Not sorry.
And that’s a wrap on April, that flew by so fast! I’m so excited for May, it’s my birthday month and I love Autumn, so it’s going to be perfect. Hopefully I’ll also read a lot!
Have you read any of the books I mentioned? Is there a genre you prefer to read over others? Let me know what’s on your reading list!
Total read this month: 7
Total read overall: 24
Current Goodreads goal: 50